Qualities of soul, such as love, play, generosity and abundance are at the very heart of our success — in life, and in business.
By choosing to cultivate those qualities which are closest to your heart, you add to the sum of these qualities in your own life, in your business and your world.
Each quality is held by a Deva, a subtle energy being who is the pattern-holder for the perfect unfolding of that quality in the world.
The Deva of Generosity invites us to play with it this week.
And, since structures are containers that help hold those qualities of soul essence that we want to cultivate in ourselves and in our world, consider creating a structure for yourself, to explore the spirit of generosity in your life and business this week.
Here’s one possible container in which you might play with generosity, this week. You can make up others — be creative and dream up containers that feel joyful and buoyant as well as grounded and nurturing, for you:
- Invite the Deva of Generosity to infuse your world with its presence.
- Be receptive to what it has to show you about your unfolding relationship with generosity.
- Is this a quality that’s already well-developed within you?
- Are you more generous with others than you are with yourself? Or the other way around?
- Are you generous with your business?
Attune to the Deva of Generosity first thing in the morning, before you get out of bed, and last thing at night, before you drift off to sleep.
- On each of the first two mornings, choose 3 specific actions you will take that day, to be generous towards yourself. Write them down in your journal.
- On each of the next two mornings, add one action you will take that day, to be generous towards your business. Generosity can be as simple as embracing your difficulties in a loving and spacious heart, or taking the time to tune into your deep desires and giving yourself exactly what you want that day.
- On the final three mornings of the week, add one action you will take that day, that extends generosity to your world.
When you attune to the Deva of Generosity at the end of your day, review the ways in which you’ve fulfilled your intentions/completed your acts of generosity for that day.
What has changed, in your understanding of and relationship with generosity?
What do you need to dissolve, release, add or expand in yourself, your life, your business, your world, to be part of the activity of the Deva of Generosity?
Keep this exploration light-hearted, playful, and fun.
Share it with a friend, or in the comments, below.
The New Year brings a great wave of hope and optimism – which lifts our spirits, makes us buoyant, helps us navigate life’s journey joyfully, consciously.
And, I find myself shrinking away from the clamor of plans and intentions, goals and declarations that fill the air at this time of year.
Desire is the voice of the soul, guiding us to our deepest purposes. To hear it, we have to open our arms and release agendas and strategies. Sink into the quiet where our hearts are free to wander.
This is how I begin my days – with inner wandering, following Desire’s bare, brown heels down winding paths and across white-capped waves. Listening. Writing. Slipping sideways through an image, a feeling, a word, the Muse’s warm breath, into the curled heart of a poem.
So, for now, I am sitting with a simple question — which I invite you to explore too, if you wish: What would be a miracle for you, this year?
Take your time with this. Let your responses emerge from your deepest, shyest desires, in the bell of your soul’s true voice.
There are no right or wrong answers to this question.
And you get to ask it – and answer it – in as many ways as you choose. Wherever and whenever you choose. When you’re driving to the dentist. Or cooking dinner. Tending to your business. Or drifting in the misty waters between sleep and waking.
What would be a miracle for you, this year?
Every creation follows an arc, from Desire through intention, mobilization, action and fulfillment.
Over the next while, I look forward to exploring this arc with you. I work with it through the skills and gifts of energy alchemy, which I’ll share with you. But miracles come to life through many pathways. Find yours, share them, and use them to shape the miracles that are yours to co-create.
The dawn of the New Year brings hope and renewed optimism — and drives the gremlins of perfectionism, hard-eyed and squinting, out of their underground lairs.
This is for all of us who find ourselves shamed and grieving under the cold scrutiny of the Positively Perfect.
May you discover the tender beauty of your uniquely imperfect wholeness.
Both are essential to our joy.
Longing calls us to our soul’s purposes.
Belonging cradles us in deep relationship
to the Earth and all who live here.
To travel in one direction
without returning to the other
Mercy brings us safely home
whichever way we travel.
As entrepreneurs, we answer daily
the call of deep longing.
We journey to the horizon of our creative souls
and flow back to the place where we belong.
When we do this as fluidly as the tide
we become the safe shore for our clients
from which they travel joyfully
to the moon of their dreams.
If you’d like to deepen your capacity to move freely and skillfully between the call of your soul and the imperatives of your business, please join me on Friday, January 11 at 10 am PST for a free preview call for How to Rule Your World from the Inside Out, an 8-week program to build a powerful foundation for sustainable success in life and business. Explore the program, and register for the preview call here.
- You are a sovereign being,
a fractal of the Sacred,
a fractal of Wholeness.
- The flow of your life.
The soul of your business.
- Grow your business.
- Expand your life. Evolve your business.
- The art of alignment. The miracle of action.
- Trust in the power of your perfect unfolding.
- Permission to grow, to flow, to know.
- You learn about freedom by experiencing what it feels like to be bound.
- Beyond your beliefs, beyond your drama — the truth of your life.
- Success is becoming the person who can ask for hugs and holding when your own strength has deserted you.
- Embrace the mystery at the heart of creation.
- Your soul sends out tendrils of light and fragrance into the world.
- You are the gift — and the giver.
You are the Love, and the lover.
- At the heart of all things — even limiting beliefs and painful programming — is wholeness.
- Surrender is an act of will. It is aligning your will with the will of the Sacred.
- You learn about sovereignty through the experience of being dethroned.
- Love transforms.
- Your soul's purpose is to participate in wholeness, to express wholeness.
- True Desire is a messenger of your soul.
It leads directly to your soul’s purposes.
- Unfold the miracle of your life and business.
- Business = Love in action.
- Everything you need is already within you, waiting to unfold and express itself.
- Your inner world shapes your outer world.
Success is an inside job.
- You are the story, and the story-maker.
Your life is yours to shape.